1.The 8th International Symposium on EFL Writing Research and Teaching in China, Jinan, China, October, 2012, School of Foreign Languages and Literature, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, PRC
Title of presentation: “Designing an English writing curriculum for Undergraduate English Majors in China”
2. TESOL 2000, Vancouver, Canada, March 2000
Title of presentation: “When teaching reading and writing, does grammar fit?”
3. Fourth International Symposium on Language Teaching, October 1999
Jointly organized by Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics and The University of Northern Iowa, Beijing, PRC
Title of presentation: "The role of topic in writing performance"
4. TESOL 1999, New York City, U.S.A., March 1999
Title of a colloquium presentation: “Expectations in conflict”
5. “Features of argumentation in Chinese and English texts," Discourse and Language Functions, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, Beijing, 2002.
6. "The role of topic in writing performance," Proceedings of The 1999 International Symposium on Language Teaching, The University of Northern Iowa, 2000.
7. A review article on Contrastive Rhetoric: Cross-cultural Aspects of Second Language Writing, Asian Journal of English Language Teaching, Volume 7, 1997.
8. “The use of rhetorical questions in written argumentative discourse,” Pragmatics and Language Learning, Monograph series, vol. I, 1990.
Urbana, IL: Division of English as an International Language, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign